Monday, July 28, 2014

Vintage and Junk Finds

I just picked up this rusty gate this morning for $20.  I thought that was a great price. 



Since gardening season is well under way and winding down, I wasn't sure where to put it.  I set it here on the front side of my house for now.   I may even put it indoors, as it's not overly big. 

I took in a garage sale last Tuesday and purchased these rusty tongs for $2.  Still thinking what to do on these.  I see Pinterest has a lot of paper towel and toilet paper holders repurposed from tongs.

Also at the garage sale, I found two small garden spades, a mini graniteware tin, an enamelware lid, two metal bookends, a baggy of random dice and a cool rusty scalloped piece. Not exactly sure what it was for, but the price was right and it was cool.

Also a wire fan cover from the garage sale.

A green lantern.   I paid $10 for it.  I foresee it in Christmas vignettes!

I purchased this great vintage egg basket  for $20 last month.  I have bocce and crochet balls in it on the covered patio.

 I purchased two of these, never painted or stained wood, shutters.  They were about $11 at an antique shop.

I used a steel wool/vinegar stain to give these shutters a gray weathered wood look.  The one on the left was stained with the mixture.

The idea was to use them indoors but I didn't really like gray with my blond 1950's woodwork.  I want to paint the woodwork (if my husband would ever agree).

For now I am displaying one of shutters on my covered patio.

I purchased this large wooden toolbox last month too at an antique shop too.  It was $15.  I already have plans for this.  Look for a makeover, and a display spot in the house for it coming this fall.

Hmm.  What do you suppose I can do with one vintage ski pole?  Just 2 dollars at the garage sale.

I don't think dog figurines and figural planters are very popular now days, but I still like them.  I think this one is a McCoy or maybe Shawnee.  It was only $2 at a thrift shop.

I love to pick up old Bingo cards.  These were 75 cents apiece at an antique shop.  I know I will find a use or project for them.

That's it for now!





follow me here:

11 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to move, I never find great stuff like this!!!!
    That gate is wonderful, as are the other treasures. You did good!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds!! Love, love, love the rusty gate!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find.....love it.....putting it in the garden?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful finds! You are truly a great shopper! Love it all.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were awesome finds. I can't wait to see what transformation becomes of them; sorta like the ugly duckling-beautiful swan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did VERY well, Carlene! I wish I had such luck finding treasures! The rusty gate is a real gem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds. I saw a pin last week on Pinterest with a rusty gate like that above a bed with a wreath on it. It was so pretty. It would be great above a fireplace as well :-)

    Happy Tuesday!
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure have been busy collecting some awesome vintage goodies. I love that gate and those old shutters are awesome. What a cute idea to place the shoe forms on your stepping stones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've got lots of material to work with over the long winter, Carlene! You got a good price on that old gate. I've seen them priced quite a bit higher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great treasures and great prices. Love the gate that is pretty awesome for $20.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of your great finds, Carlene! The gate is wonderful, and a great size...and the fan cover is very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...